We recently watched the new Captain America and I was enthralled. I mean that movie held my attention like none other. I tend to be a multi-tasker while watching movies, so the fact that I spent the entire 136 minutes glued to the TV is really saying something.
I’m not going to bust the plot for those of you who haven’t seen the movie (a problem that you should probably consider fixing in the very near future), but I am going to introduce you to a character named Falcon. At first you think he’s just an ordinary pilot, but then you find out that he doesn’t fly planes, he actually flies. Like himself. The moment they reveal his wings is one of those wide-eyed childhood moments of disbelief and awe in which you whisper “I have GOT to get me one of those.” And just like a kid, the wheels started turning as I began to come up with…
5 Things I Would Do With a Set of Those Awesome Wings
- Fly to visit friends and family who live far away. Many of the people I love live far outside a day-trip visit. These people are dear to me and I miss them a great deal. A set of wings would allow me to visit them more often. Bear hugs, laughter, and comfort would be only a short (and fun) flight away.
- Fly to Disney World whenever I want. Because Disney World is awesome, but it currently requires 4 days of travel just to get there. Flying means I would need to take less time off of work and would give me more time to play. Once again, you’re getting a glimpse of my childlike nature.
- Set up a business and charge a fee for personal flights. People pay mad money to go skydiving and ride hot air balloons. I know I could make a living by offering premium flying packages. Perfect for birthdays, graduations, retirements, anniversaries, or any other special celebration :)
- Meet Iron Man. Because he’s the bomb. I think having wings would make me intriguing enough to peak his interest. I’d warrant a visit from my favorite super hero: Tony Stark.
- Save the world. Because wings would make me a super hero and that’s just what super heroes do.
This list is just the tip of the iceberg. Think about it, guys!